SMS LINE: 41746 PIT CREW: 0800 200 993 CALL CENTRE: 086 11 22 111
Avoiding Road Rage
Tips for avoiding road rage
How do I avoid road rage?
Remember it is better to get there late, than not get there at all.
- Forget work or home worries, concentrate on driving.
- Plan your journey to reduce anxiety and stress.
- Adopt a positive mental attitude – to help with frustration.
- Play music that can reduce stress.
- Don’t try to change other drivers’ attitudes, you can’t but you can change your own.
- Be courteous and stay calm if provoked.
- Drive with your car doors locked and if you see trouble don’t leave the safety of your vehicle.
- Count from 1-10 (it’s old and it works!)
- Don’t retaliate by sounding your horn, flashing your lights or gesturing, this will only aggravate the situation.
- If you are a victim of aggression take the registration number and report incident to the police.