The oil filter is a key part when changing your oil. At AutoZone we have all the right parts at the right prices to help you keep your vehicle’s oil running and functioning smoothly . Follow this ‘how to’ to change your oil filter yourself.
What you will need:
- New Oil Filter
- Disposable Gloves
- Old Cloth
- Locate the oil filter once the old oil has been drained. Replace the old filter with a fresh filter before filling up with new oil.
- Ensure that you are wearing disposable gloves to prevent staining or injury.
- Using the oil filter wrench, loosen the oil filter by method of turning the wrench counter-clockwise. One twist with the wrench is sufficient enough.
- Twist the oil filter off by hand making sure to be very careful as the filter might contain residue of hot oil.
- Before installing the new filter apply a small amount of fresh oil around the rubber gasket of the new filter.
- Use an old cloth to clean off old and excess oil around the filter fitment area.
- Once the area is cleaned you are now ready replace the new filter.
- Screw the filter into place by hand, once the filter is snug use the filter wrench to secure.
- Only use half or three-quarters of a turn to firmly secure the filter.
- Do not over-tighten the filter as you could damage it and cause it to leak.
- Now you are ready to refill your oil.
AutoZone is your full service automotive service retailer, whether you are looking to do-it-yourself or looking for the right tools to keep your business running smoothly. Visit your nearest AutoZone for more tips and advise from our ready to help and friendly sales staff. AutoZone, the right part at the right price.