• A permanently flexible rubber sealant which can used to make waterproof seals for joints, gaps and cracks. AutoZone Clear Silicone Sealant forms a tough waterproof rubber seal which won‚Äôt shrink or crack and withstands temperature extremes from -55¬∞C to 180¬∞C.
• Wont Shrink or Crack
Directions for Use
• Ensure surfaces are clean, dry and free from dirt, grease or oil before application.
• Screw nozzle onto cartridge.
• Cut off tip of nozzle to the desired bead size at an angle
• Apply silicone with a calking gun to prepared joint in a continuous bead at a 45 degree angle.
• A wet instrument can be used to smooth away any inconsistencies before the sealant
• After approximately 10 minutes, make sure the sealant makes contact with both surfaces whilst still uncured.
• Sealant will reach full cure after 24 hours if bead is 2mm or less.
• Methylated spirits can be used to remove excess sealant before it has cured.
• Adheres to glass, painted or varnished surfaces, metal and most plastics.
• Ideal for making instant gaskets, waterproofing electrical junctions, sealing leaking windows, water hoses and curing noises and vibration problems on machinery.
Silicone contains acetic acid which irritates the eyes and if contact occurs, flush thoroughly with warm water. If irritation persists, consult a doctor.
Storage Temperature Range