Tips for avoiding pedestrians
- Be cautious near schools, crossings and taxi stops
- Slow down near informal settlements
- Avoid passing vehicles in the vicinity of these settlements
- Do not assume that you have been seen.
- Drive with your lights on near populated areas
- Be on the lookout for small children
- Be cautious of pedestrians swaying and with their backs to you
- If visibility is bad, slow down
- Stop for pedestrians who are in a crosswalk
- Drive like you would like people to drive in front of your own home!