AutoZone Silicones and Sealants Black Silicone – 280ml
Product Code: AZC.BLACK280
A permanently flexible rubber sealant which can used to make waterproof seals for joints, gaps and cracks. AutoZone Clear Silicone Sealant forms a tough waterproof rubber seal which won’t shrink or crack and withstands temperature extremes from -55°C to 180°C.
- Won’t Shrink or Crack
Directions for Use
- Ensure surfaces are clean, dry and free from dirt, grease or oil before application.
- Screw nozzle onto cartridge.
- Cut off tip of nozzle to the desired bead size at an angle
- Apply silicone with a calking gun to prepared joint in a continuous bead at a 45 degree angle.
- A wet instrument can be used to smooth away any inconsistencies before the sealant ‘skins’ over.
- After approximately 10 minutes, make sure the sealant makes contact with both surfaces whilst still uncured.
- Sealant will reach full cure after 24 hours if bead is 2mm or less.
- Methylated spirits can be used to remove excess sealant before it has cured.
- Adheres to glass, painted or varnished surfaces, metal and most plastics.
- Ideal for making instant gaskets, waterproofing electrical junctions, sealing leaking windows, water hoses and curing noises and vibration problems on machinery.
Silicone contains acetic acid which irritates the eyes and if contact occurs, flush thoroughly with warm water. If irritation persists, consult a doctor.
Storage Temperature Range
Enquire about this Product - Black Silicone – 280ml
Do you wish to enqire about this product? Kindly fill out the form below with your details and a brief query. Your submission will be sent to your preferred AutoZone store.